JBS "Energy sensible living for a brighter future"
USDA GRANTS AND LOANS Rural Energy for America Program REAP
USDA REAPfor Agricultural, Farm, and Rural Small Business. REAP Grants for 25 % and matching Loans of 50% of project costs. Minimum of $2,500 and a maximum grant of $250,000 for energy improvement projects and a maximum grant of $500,000 for renewable energy projects. JBS Energy has on staff Wind, Solar, Solar/Geo Thermal Site Assessors, and Energy Auditors recognized as Expert by the USDA. The Federal Grant 25% and Loan 50% or a combined Grant/Loan of 75% applications, are fully processed at our office then sent out for USDA approval. Our success rate is very high.
Who & What Projects Are Eligible? Farmers, ranchers, irrigators and rural businesses (communities of less than 50,000 population). Eligible projects may include:
Energy Efficiency Improvementsto the farm or business (HVAC systems, insulation, refrigeration, lighting, irrigation systems, pumping systems, air systems, motor systems, etc.)
Renewable Energy Systemsproviding energy loans for wind, solar electric, solar thermal, biomass, biogas, geothermal source, hydrogen derived from biomass or water using wind, solar, or geothermal energy sources.
JBS Solar and Wind with our grant writers, can assist you in securing USDA grant and loan money from you local regional USDA office USDA Local Offices. We have the experience and site assessors to handle your application in a timely and efficient manner. We work with you and your local USDA office. THESE GRANTS AND LOANS ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY STATE REBATE, INVESTMENT TAX CREDITS, OR RENEWABLE ENERGY CREDITS YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR.
The USDA REAP program was implemented to help farmers, ranchers, rural for profit schools and rural small businesses offset energy costs and consumption to help them curtail their dependency needs on foreign oil. The program was also implemented to help stimulate economic development by helping create new renewable energy sources and income, create new jobs, and make our country more self sufficient.
USDA Eligible REAP Applicants Applicants must be either an agricultural producer or a small business with gross income limits assigned to different types of business. The project must be located in USDA mapped rural areas. Please call our office to determine if you are in a designated area or refer to the link below.
Agricultural Producers An individual or entity directly involved in the production of agricultural products and 50% or greater of their gross income is derived from the agricultural production. You must have three years of tax returns or proof of established new entity.
Rural Small Business An individual,Sole Proprietorship, Partnership (General or Limited), LLC, Corporation, and Cooperative. Municipal or Tribal electric utilities may also qualify. Must meet SBA small business size standards, including aggregate of affiliated and subsidiary entities; excludes other non-profit entities.
Rural All areas other than a city with a population greater than 50,000 and urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to such city. To see if you qualify follow the link to USDA MAPPING
This program excludes the residential homes of a farm. The residence of any farm may not share the meter with any other building. However every other electric meter on the farm is elegible.
Information required to start the Grant Writing Process:
Social Security Number, Farm Tax ID, or EIN
Duns # - Assigned by Dun & Bradstreet
Type of Business - ie. LLC, S Corp, C Corp
Copies of the last three years Tax Returns
Electric bill with annual usage
Proof of property control - Copy of Lease or Deed
Legal Description of property
Funding sources for Project - Letter of commitment from bank
Description of business operations
Description of business ownership
NAICS code (North American Industry Classification System)